Jose is a lawyer with over ten years of experience in energy regulation and competition. He is admitted to act as attorney in Colombia and the State of New York. His work consists of providing legal and economic advice to industrial users, foreign investors and utility companies in the regulation of electricity, natural gas, LPG and hydrogen. He also conducts specialized economic analysis in complex competition cases. Jose has held important positions in the Superintendence of Industry and Commerce as Coordinator of the Competition Law Group and in the Superintendence of Utility Services, where he was Deputy Superintendent for Energy and Fuel Gas and. As Superintendent, he was a member of the Energy and Gas Regulatory Commission - CREG. As Coordinator, he participated in the Committees of the Ministry of Commerce in charge of evaluating the imposition of anti-dumping, safeguards and countervailing measures. Jose has been a Consultant for the Inter-American Development Bank in the Energy Transformation Mission. Jose stands out for his in-depth knowledge and comprehensive advice on energy regulation and competition.
- Universidad Javeriana/Postgraduate Program/Economic Regulation /2014 to present date
- Universidad Javeriana/Undergraduate/Microeconomy/2018 to present date
- Universidad Javeriana/Undergraduate Program/Regulation and Competition /2021 to present date
- Universidad Javeriana/Director of the Investigation Line /Energy Transformation /2021 to present date
- Universidad Externado/Postgraduate Program/Specialization in Market Regulation /Restrictive Commercial Practices in Residential Utilities /2021-2022